Another small business promotion we like very much as a strategy is Neighborhood marketing. Neighborhood marketing is a very simple and inexpensive promotion that will bring new customers into your own small business from local community organizations, institutions, and other local business’ in your geographical area. Because they are part of your neighborhood, these customers are potentially repeat customers that will return again and again. Neighborhood marketing works in nearly any type of business with a little brainstorming and it is a perfect marketing strategy for restaurants in particular.
Almost every business is surrounded by potential new customers if you want to take advantage of what’s already in your backyard with Neighborhood Marketing. Neighborhood Marketing is an easy way to get starting maximizing your neighborhood’s potential.
Here’s how to get started:
- Map out a 1-3 mile radius from your business.
- Get in your car, or have your manager do it, and take a drive around the area you mapped out.
- Note all the organizations and other opportunities in your neighborhood you could begin marketing to. Make a list of them.
- Think about who you might already know there or, who you might know, who knows someone there.
- Brainstorm some promotional ideas and don’t forget how you might offer to help them. (quick lunch specials, take out orders, delivery, special dietary requirements, free pick up/drop off, special seating, loyalty clubs, etc.)
- Contact those businesses and make your offer.
Don’t forget to list these types of organizations and businesses. They usually have many employees and some also have customers who are interested in your offer:
- Apartment complexes
- Auto dealers
- Auto repair shops
- Community Organizations
- Construction sites
- Military Bases
- Office complexes
- Radio & TV stations
- Residential Subdivisions
- Senior Citizen Centers
- Shopping centers
- Urgent care facilities
- Other local businesses
- and everybody else!
If you need help designing a promotion, give us a call we’re always glad to help.